The calculation method given by the first pattern engineer:
There are many varieties of women’s clothing, and the shape of different types of clothing varies greatly, and the amount and estimation of fabrics are also different. The following “listen” lists some representative clothing methods for estimating the amount of fabric in a chart.
The calculation method given by the pattern maker：
1. If it is a single piece of clothing processing, how much clothing needs to be purchased, how do we calculate it?
If the width of the cloth is 90 cm, the calculation method is:
Men’s jacket: multiply the length by 3 plus 10 cm
Ladies’ blouse: Length by 3
Men’s and women’s trousers: multiply the length of the trousers by 2 to 10 cm.
For a double width of 143 cm, the algorithm for men’s casual wear:
Length plus sleeve length plus 10 cm.
In response to this method, the existing questions:
1. Is this algorithm suitable for knitted fabrics or ribbed fabrics? Or is it all applicable?
2. The above method calculates the length, isn’t it normal that we calculate the area?
3. Why is it calculated like this? Can you explain the meaning of the above formulas in detail?
4. Is there a simpler and clearer algorithm? (It is not required to be precise, the quotation is estimated to be the approximate amount).
2. Formula for knitted garment materials:
Body material: (chest circumference+6CM) X (body length+6CM) X 24 X gram weight X (1+total loss)
Sleeve material: (shoulder + cuff + 4CM) X (sleeve length + 4CM) X 24 X weight X (1+ total loss)
Collar material: (neck width X2+2) X collar height X 12 X weight X (1+total loss)
Each dozen clothes material = body material + sleeve material + collar material
(Crosspiece+leg circumference+4CM) X (trouser length+8CM) X 24 X weight X (1+total loss)
Remarks: The following is for reference only
Rib: 18% jersey: 15-16% mesh: 15-16% spandex jersey 18-20%
Flannel: 17-18% Yarn-dyed fabric (large): 27-32% Yarn-dyed fabric (small): 22-25%
3. Fabric calculation formula:
Fabric price = cost price + weaving price + dyeing price + others (including printing, opening and finalizing, and subsequent processes) (generally, opening and finalizing price: 2000 yuan/T)
4. The magic method of calculating clothes materials
When buying a cloth with a width of 2.7, the calculation methods for the materials used are as follows:
1. The materials used for men’s tops are: use 3 lengths, plus 0.3 feet of side material. If someone’s clothing length is 2.3 feet, the amount of clothing needed is: 2.3×3+0.3=7.2 (feet).
2. The material of the women’s coat is: 3 coat lengths are enough. If someone’s clothing length is 1.9 feet, the amount of clothing needed is: 1.9×3=5.7 (feet).
3. The material of men’s trousers is: 2 trousers length, plus 0.3 feet of side material. If you make two pairs of trousers, the waistband can be cut within 2.3 feet, and the material used is 3 trousers long, plus 0.3 feet of side material.
4. Women’s trousers are made of the same materials as men’s trousers. If you make two women’s trousers, the waistline is within 2.3 feet, the hip circumference is within 3.2 feet, and the trousers are not more than 0.7 feet, they can also be cut. The material used is 3 trousers, and the side material is 0.6 feet.
When buying double-width clothing (with a surface width of 4.3 feet), the calculation methods for the clothing are as follows:
1. The material for men’s stool is: 1 length of clothing, plus 1 sleeve length, plus 0.3 feet of side material, and then divide by 3. If someone’s clothing length is 2.2 feet and sleeve length is 1.8 feet, the amount of clothing needed is (2.2 + 1.8 + 0.3) ÷ 4 = 1.43 (m)
2. To make trousers, just take one trouser length.
3. To make a coat, the material used is 2 lengths, plus 0.3 feet of side material.
Clothing area algorithm
Length X 1/2 bust = area of 1 chest piece X2 = area of front and back pieces (used for body)
Sleeve area algorithm: sleeve length X1/2 sleeve cage=half sleeve area X2=1 sleeve areaX2=2 sleeve area.
Calculation method of material loss:
1. Cutting bed plus cutting:
1. Washing: 2% for more than 3000 pieces, 3% for less than 3000 pieces.
2. Without washing: 1% for more than 3000 pieces, 1.5% for less than 3000 pieces.
2. Fabric consumption loss:
1. 100% cotton, nylon, T/C, and 1.5% on paper.
2. Knitting. Net cloth, fleece, sea tiger, etc. add 3%.
3. Add 2% for all PU, transparent PVC, etc.
4.600# soft cotton and needle cotton plus 3%
Add 4% for soft and hard cotton above 5.800#
3. Loss of accessories:
1. Studs/corns/I-buttons/tape paper/boxing tape, etc., add 1.5% for more than 3000 pieces, and 3% for less than 3000 pieces.
2. Moss tape/webbing/cotton rope/zhang root rope, etc., plus 1% for more than 3,000 pieces, plus 2% for less than 3,000 pieces.
3. Rope/bell/buckle/D-shaped buckle/bronze ring/hanger/leather tag/plastic tag/copy paper, etc., add 0.5% for more than 3000 pieces, add 1.5% for less than 3000 pieces.
4. For zipper/beer cotton rope/rubber button/rubber meson, etc., add 0.8% for more than 3000 pieces, add 1.5% for less than 3000 pieces.
5. Marks/hanging cards/plastic bags/stickers, etc., add 0.5% for more than 3000 pieces, add 1% for less than 3000 pieces.
6. For all thread types, add 5% for more than 3000 pieces, and add 8% for less than 3000 pieces.
Post time: Apr-13-2021